[Updated 11/21] Lots of changes to download folder management, Qt 5.9
I'm itching to release this build as it already fixed a lot of issues for quite a few users, but since it includes changes to very sensitive download folder management code I'm a little wary of releasing it just yet. I'm hoping you guys can try it out and let me know if you run into any new problems or whether it works well for you after some time. Changes include:
- Remote folder structures with more than one level of subfolders should now be properly recreated locally, and not flattened as before.
- By default, the top-level folder for each download is the name of the user the file was downloaded from. Thank you grinsanscat for suggesting this! The behavior can be turned off under Options->File Sharing.
- Files with illegal filename characters should now properly download on Windows.
- All empty subfolders in the 'downloading' folder are now erased after every download.
- Close all searches button. Also thanks to grinsanscat!
- Qt 5.9.1 seems to work better for a number of Windows 10 users.
- First time using AppImage for the Linux build! Hopefully works on most Linux distributions.
11/21: Rolled back to Qt 5.8 for the Mac build due to a yet unresolved UI bug. Other updates since the 7/29 build include minor fixes discussed in this thread.
Linux 64-bit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ru2mvycljfrejcx/SoulseekQt-2017-11-21-64bit.tg...
Let me know on this forum thread!