See the Changelog for list of features and fixes.
Old-style search results, Permanent usernames and the Soulseek Supporter badge
With today's release I get to check off one of the longest and most oft-requested changes to SoulseekQt: the ability to display search results the way they're displayed in the original client, without the breakdown into a tree of usernames and folders. Some of you just preferred the old look, more of you were missing the ability to sort search results by any of the columns. I prefer the new look, and most of the things that can be done through column sorting can be done with filters as well, but now you have the choice. To display your search results the old way, check Options->General->Use old-style search results. The change will apply to any yet-unopened search result tabs. Everything seems to be working, including filters for the most part (the minimum files in folder filter is not functional for the old style as of yet), but I haven't done very extensive testing of this rather sizable modification, so let me know if you run into any problems and I'll fix them ASAP.
The other notable change is in regard to donations. In addition to the usual benefits, we've added two small, but permanent perks that come with any one-time donation of $5 or more. First, your username will never expire. We usually clear usernames that haven't been logged into for more than 30 days to conserve on server memory. That won't affect the username under which you've made the donation. The other permanent perk is a gold star Soulseek Supporter badge that replaces the 'Support Soulseek!' text on the donation button. You'll still see the number of days of privileges you have left next to your badge, and you can still use the button to donate again, but the badge will remain there for as long as you're logged in to the same username. These perks are already active for anyone with any privileges time left.
- Number of shared files and upload speed are now shown in the user list.
- Logging to the diagnostics tab, as well as the diagnostics tab itself are now disabled by default in an effort to conserve memory. To turn back on, use Options->General->Show Diagnostics.
- A 'Search target:' label is now shown in the search tab to help users find the options to search their user list and rooms they're in.
- File dialogs native to your operating system are now used to share folders and anywhere else.
The following has changed between the 11/7 and 11/16 builds:
- You can now disable creating subfolders for single file downloads by checking Options->File Sharing->Don't create subfolders for single downloads.
- The contents of the main tabs have been made a little tighter by eliminating some of the wasted space at the top.
- Fixed tracks not being sorted in search results.
- Fixed user context-menu options not working when selecting a folder or user node in search results.
- You can now choose to open a different main tab when starting the client. Options include the Transfers tab, Rooms (the default), Search or Users.
- The width of the search correlations pane is now memorized.
Links are on the download page.