Submitted by Nir on Thu, 11/08/2012 - 11:31
With today's release I get to check off one of the longest and most oft-requested changes to SoulseekQt: the ability to display search results the way they're displayed in the original client, without the breakdown into a tree of usernames and folders. Some of you just preferred the old look, more of you were missing the ability to sort search results by any of the columns. I prefer the new look, and most of the things that can be done through column sorting can be done with filters as well, but now you have the choice.
Submitted by Nir on Tue, 10/16/2012 - 22:02
Smaller release this time around, this is mainly to address a crash bug that affects certain shared folders. Those experiencing the bug will find their client crashing a short while after starting it. I figured I might as well get it out there for whomever really needs it. Additionally:
Submitted by Nir on Fri, 09/28/2012 - 23:48
Though I initially intended room walls to be the centerpiece of the next SoulseekQt build, most users, and especially those who share more than just a few thousands of files are probably going to be much happier about the initial re-scanning of shared folders when the client starts being moved to a secondary thread. If you're used to your SoulseekQt client taking anywhere between an uncomfortable number of seconds to start to, according to some reports, several minutes, chances are the new build will all but eliminate the wait.
Submitted by Nir on Tue, 09/25/2012 - 15:50
Hey guys, sorry for not responding to any connection problem reports over the last couple of weeks. I have a full-time job that's keeping me very busy and I've had trouble reaching even those of you who actually gave me their TeamViewer ID and password. To recap, chances are I won't really be able to help with any connection problems as in most cases it's an ISP blocking Soulseek or something similar.
Submitted by Nir on Sun, 09/16/2012 - 00:23
For the last couple weeks I've been taking a closer look at the way SoulseekQt uses up memory. If you're a casual user, sharing no more than a couple of tens of thousands of files or less, and you don't go around leaving a whole lot of search and share browse windows open, chances are you haven't had too many problems with SoulseekQt's memory use. If you're one of the more heavy users out there, well, you should still be fine as long as your rig gives you enough memory to play around with.
Submitted by Nir on Fri, 08/31/2012 - 02:07
- You can now choose file extensions to exclude from folder downloads. Files with the selected extensions can still be downloaded individually.
- You can now ask to be alerted when a user goes online via the context menu. User online alerts can be viewed under Users->Online Alerts.
- A search filter can now be marked as a default filter. It will then be automatically applied to any new searches, save for wishlist searches that have been associated with a different filter.
- The tabs in many places are now movable so as to let you reorder them.
Submitted by Nir on Sun, 08/12/2012 - 16:00
We're happy to announce a new service for privileged users that we've been experimenting with for the last couple of weeks. If you've donated recently and have privileges time left you probably know this already, as we've notified privileged users via mass message a while ago.
Submitted by Nir on Mon, 07/30/2012 - 20:56
I get to check off a few big ones with tonight's build. The user info feature is something I know has been sorely missing in SoulseekQt since the very beginning. I've never been particularly happy with the way it turned out in the original Soulseek client, but I wasn't sure how I'd prefer it. The way it ended up this time around feels like an improvement. The user picture and textual description are shown contiguously on one page using an HTML control. Extra information like upload slots and upload availability are shown in small fields on top.
Submitted by Nir on Wed, 07/18/2012 - 20:21
This one fixes a non-response of the SoulseekQt client to a somewhat less common type of upload request coming from the original client. It's not a huge deal on the individual user level, but I've been wanting to do a little more advertising of SoulseekQt, and I figured I'd get this out of the way before I start. Other changes include:
Submitted by Nir on Tue, 07/10/2012 - 23:10
It's been a rough few days, trying to figure out how not to undo all of the work I did standardizing Unicode as the client's de facto method of handling strings. I literally went through three separate conversions. The first to ensure that the data system could easily handle switching to any new method of storing basic values, seeing as I had changed it once, then back when it turned out Qt's Unicode QStrings couldn't handle extended ASCII characters as gracefully as I needed them to.